Saturday, September 26, 2009

Ada's Birthday- 94 years ago today



Ada Dorene Parkinson: Birth- September 26, 1915 - February 4, 2005








Franklin Chandler Parkinson with grand daughter Ada - 1915




Ora Parkinson , Ada and Tootles

November stroll



Grandma Ada Nuttall Parkinson, Ora and baby Ada with dogs Midge and Tootles.



Great-grandma Ada loved dogs and had some unusual breeds. What is your guess about Midge and Tootles?



Stuart and Ada had their disappointments. Their first child Ruth lived for only a week and is buried in Blackfoot, Idaho.


Then Ada is born.....healthy and beautiful and life is good!


I love Ora's happy smile in this picture. This is the way I will always remember her. She had a wonderful sense of humor......

and was able to see something funny in good times or bad.

Ada was fortunate to have such a delightful mother!

And I am blessed to have known three wonderful women .....

my mother Ada,

my grandmother Ora

and Great-grandmother Ada.

I didn't appreciate my name when I was young because boys called me " Mary Ada potata"...but in time that changed..... andthe name goes on......to the 4th "Ada"

our daughter, Elizabeth.






























































































































No comments: