Friday, October 22, 2010

Dreams for our First baby- in a world at war


 First time grandparents, Stuart and Ora Parkinson holding Malen : Jack and Ada in background (first time parents):  Great Grandmother Mary Wilson-(first time great-grandmother)

Ada Thomas’ Journal – age  26 - Glendale, California
May 21, l942
      Two more important days have been added to my life- June 21, l940 when Jack and I were married in the Mesa temple, and March 28, l942 when Charles Malen was born.  Today he is seven and one half weeks old.  We are all truly blessed to live in a land of freedom and enjoy good health, friends, and the comforts of life.  It is Jack’s and my desire to be good parents and bring Charles Malen up to know God and to know love in the home, to be faithful in the church, to develop his talents, to be always humble and to seek for wisdom and knowledge.
      May I appreciate the blessings I have and try always to live the way I know is right, is my prayer.  I love my dear husband and baby and I want to bring all the happiness I can to them.  May I bring love and peace to their hearts.

1 comment:

AliceK[i]ND said...

What a priceless photo!